Last Night Rajon Rondo got tossed from the game because he "punched" and "attacked" Kris Humphries. Humphries committed a "hard foul" on Garnett and Rondo went crazy. Here's the video:
1. Rondo never punched him. He clawed and lunged at him like a bitch.Here is the picture that Humphries tweeted after the game:
2. The foul on KG wasn't even that bad. I'm not a basketball guy but it looked like Humphries barely touched KG. I'm sure it was a foul (everything is in bball) but I don't even know why everyone thinks it was so "hard." KG didn't even seem upset by it and neither did the Celtics bench, which was right there.
3. Rondo was frustrated with Humphries cuz he got stuffed by him once or twice in the few plays before the incident. Obv Rondo was just taking out his frustration with the bitch foul. He is such a baby and has proven so multiple times throughout his career.
4. Anyone who tries to spin this as "sticking up for a teammate" is just dumb. That isn't what was happening. Credit to Doc Rivers who after the game said his team was soft and that none of that stuff that went on during the altercation was worth anything.
|Smith's out and Kaepernicks in.
I love the decision. Here's why:
1. Kaepernick has so much more potential than Smith. He can be elite. Smith has more than proven he is nothing more than a game manager and mediocre QB. Maybe I just have a huge man crush on Colin because I saw him play a lot in college. He used to pwn Boise State. His first career college start was ON THE BLUE (video below. watch if you have time) and even in a loss, he went 11/26 for 243 yards and 3 TDs. 0 Ints. Oh and he rushed for 177 yards and 2 more TDs. Kaepernick also led the Nevada team that beat #4 Boise State in OT because of those 2 missed FGs that cost us the national championship. He was unstoppable then, and I see no reason why he can't play the same way in the NFL.
2. People who support Alex Smith because he led the team to the NFC championship game are delusional- Smith didn't lead you there... your defense and run game did. Hey, if you asked Jets fans a few years ago if they believed Mark Sanchez was good, they would reply "YES hes good, we went to 2 consecutive AFC championship with him." Welp, we all know how THAT turned out. Sanchez sucks. His team made him look good. Same goes with Smith.
3. Jim Harbaugh took over the team a few years ago and inherited Alex Smith as the QB. He then drafted Kaepernick 2 years ago and clearly, that's "his guy." Kaepernick is going to be a better fit than Smith was for this offense. It was only a matter of time before this change happened.
4. There is no doubt in my mind the 49ers will never win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith at QB. This is 2012, not 2002. You need a great QB to have win the Super Bowl. Fact. Kaepernick COULD be that guy. outside of the Patriots, I think I want the 49ers to win the Super Bowl now that this WAC dude is leading the team.
UPDATE (12/12/12): Felger and Mazz just spent some time comparing Smith and Kaepernick. The link below is the audio. Hopefully this link works....