MBX Draft Results- from 4/15/23 @ New England CC
Adam and Duce won the captains match (over Ken and Campbell) and the right to pick #1 overall. Here are the results from his year's draft and a personal note for each pick
1. Dante Rizzo- No surprise to see Dante go #1, despite being injured.
2. Jared Tise*- Lot of pressure for a rookie. Should be a tough out for anyone on the course, though
3. Bill Poch- Thought this was where Jimmy would go but Bill is as solid of a pick as you can make for a team building block.
4. Bill Nichols- First big surprise of the draft here, strictly because Jimmy H was still on the board. Bill is a great addition to any team
5. Jimmy H- Steal. The lowest handicapped golfer on the trip, has just one loss in 2 years. Honestly wouldn't have blinked if he went #1.
6. Nick Y- Saw him drive to the course with Ken, so. Great pick! No one was chanting "reach" when the pick was made, that's all in your head.
7. James Brown- Figured I'd go at 5 or 6, so. Shoulder officially chipped. Thank you.
8. Dan Cosgrove- Solid pick, interesting to see Dan go 4 spots ahead of Marty given recent history, and Peter given the handicap differential.
9. Peter Fallon- Another steal, if only by one draft spot. YoY improvement multiple years in a row.
10. Kurt- Kurt sneaks into the top 10 because Ken likes Kurt more than Campbell likes Ryan and Marty.
11. Ryan Bebrin- Value pick. Ryan's been solid every format but singles.
12. Marty- Good pick, Marty has been a killer on Sundays and plays a lot of golf
13. Trevor- Somewhat flying blind, but he's local to the courses and a low-ish handicap player so it's an intriguing pick
14. Paul Taylor- LOL. What to say here. A 30+ handicap golfer going here is the definition of compounding mistakes. Campbell took his friend Jared so Ken took his friends Bill and Nick and Kurt and so Campbell wanted his friend Paul. Somewhere along the way they forgot they were drafting a golf team, it seems. Great lockerroom guy, though. For all the time we spend in the lockerooms together
15. Ogga- Crazy value. Single digit handicapper being picked after.... 6? double digiters. Ogga's never lost a bestball or alt shot match
16. Weibler *- Great pick. I've only played with Weibs once but he's very solid
17. Kevin Ewing *- The right time for Kevin to go off the board. Not sure he's a better golfer than Cole but think he will excel in the MB format
18. Cole Caron *- The 3rd of 3 rookie picks in a row, a very good pick. Will be tied to Weibler forever in MB history
19. Abe- This man once went 3 years in a row without losing a match in MB. New Swing. Looking to get back to the "shit shit shit dart putt- bogey, net par" days
20. Beck- Just 2-6-3 over the last few years, but you know what you get with Beck which is likely why he was chosen here over some other guys with maybe more potential.
21. Jimmy Waitz- Was surprised Ken/Campbell didnt go with the Weibs/Cole/Jimmy combo back to back to back picks so again Ada/Duce team got a good value pick here. We know Jimmy's still improving too
22. Coates- tHe aLl tImE wInS lEader not chosen in the top 20 is hilarious. Coates has had a lot of success in alt shot and singles so it's a fine pick at this spot
23. Marc desantis*- Don't think Marc would be going this low if everyone knew him more, feels like a value pick. I believe he's a better golfer than the 4 guys who went before him
24. Dennis- Here's your tier break. Most of the next handful of guys are all pretty much the same. Dennis has a brutal MB history but has been golfing more and more so this is a pretty sound pick
25. Danny Richards- Wild card, I think. Don't know much about Danny's game. Kid's an athlete though so I like the pick
26. Justin Hill- Assumingly to pair up with Dennis, again, which never works, but hey maybe this time! I love Hill
27. Dylan Burns- Sneaky solid pick here, joins Marc and Jimmy on the other side of Cole and Weibs. Reunited with Adam.
28. Steve Ferretti- Has a sim, if you were unaware, so. Probably a good pick given the potential to improve here
29. Andy Haase- This one is crazy. Andy should have went 5-6 picks earlier. I suppose the idea that he isn't 100% in for the trip is the reason he fell but, my goodness. What a steal at this point in the draft.
30. Fliesser- Good pick, Fliesser draft stock drops solely because he isnt a regular in the group. Handicap wise, big steal.
31. Craig Mutz- Eessh. Banking on the fact Craigs taking lessons and plays a bunch, I guess. Couple guys on the board with significantly better handicaps.
32. Justin Cosgrove- Another lockerroom guy for the non existent lockerroom. I thought Justin would go last. Borderline non golfer.
33. Jeremy- Steal. Sure, Jeremy can't beat Abe or Paul but he's a MB vet and is way better than the two guys above him in the draft. Keeps door open for a Duce/Jeremy Alt shot pairing, again.
34. Sean Cosgrove- Solid pick here. minus the fact that Sean is 50/50 for MB. If he goes, this is a great pick.
35. Ed Gitlitz- Another guy who's handicap is way lower than plenty others drafted ahead. Steal.
36. Crooky- No issues with this pick. Played with Crooky once and he was pretty solid.
37. Alec Abe- Fell this low due to a 1-6-0 record at MB and a 100MPH swing on every shot including flop shots from the fringe.
38. Artie- Was the only Spread Eagle player to struggle at MB8 (0-3-1)
39. Evan Lum- Was expecting to go last. He's not THAT bad of a golfer. Value if he goes on the trip.
40. Honeywell- Trooper Irrelevant. All this guy needs is more time on the course to be actually solid, but unlikely to find that time in 2023, unfortunately.
Team all time record
Most Punchable Face Votes
Adam/Duce - 11
Ken/Campbell- 19 (Including #1 and 3 of the top 4)
Post a Comment